As leaders in our industry, ABC Recycling’s vision and guiding principle starts with safety. Our belief and commitment to the health and safety of all our employees, contractors and customers is embodied in our strong safety culture. Every employee shares the responsibility of health and safety in the workplace. We believe in T.E.A.M: Together, Everyone Achieves More. No job is too important to forgo our safety and environmental responsibilities.
Standards, Policies and Guidelines
We strive to improve our company wide safety program to ensure the safety of everyone in our ever changing environment. We continually review and improve our safety program to ensure that we go beyond industry best practices. These expectations and responsibilities are embedded into every decision and process at ABC. Our Safety program entails:
- Corporate policy, assigned responsibilities, and company rules
- Health, Safety and Environmental policy, hazard assessment, and controls
- Field level risk assessments to reduce the risk of workplace incidents
- On-going work orientation, training and education, and communication
- Job-specific safe work practices and procedures
- Equipment operation and preventative maintenance practices and procedures
- Audits, workplace inspections, incident reporting and investigations
- Emergency response procedures
- Injury management program for meaningful work during recovery
COR (Certificate of Recognition)
Our commitment to health and safety is recognized by our continual achievement of COR from BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA) and Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA).
ABC views health and safety with the utmost importance, and we expect all contractors that work with ABC to uphold the same view.